All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Make it work Wednesday #9

Last week I showed you how I store my die cuts in an altered lunch tin and also my Spellbinder/magnet storage.  I am always looking for a better system and I have revamped my growing collection of Nestabilities this week.  I found magnetic 10" x 12" sheets at the Dollar Tree for $1 each, so my magnetic strips got replaced with the full sheets.  The heating duct in my stamp closet is now wallpapered with magnetic sheets from  floor to ceiling.  It sure doesn't look like I have many sets of dies when I lay them out like this, but I have a bunch of sets on order to fill it up.I do label them for easy reference.

CIMG6429

CIMG6436

Because I am showing you the heating duct, I decided to show you my stamp area in the closet.  I prefer to stand and stamp for most applications, so this is one of my 3 work stations where I create.  The closet is 4' x 5' and houses my Herman Miller table that is hydraulic and adjusts from sitting to standing height. Here are photos from left to right.  The lavender drawers hold my acrylic blocks, adhesives, gel pens and anything I grab often.  The very top shelf in the closet holds my Xyron and cartridges and other items I don't use as often.

 SDC11698 SDC11699

The top tier of the file cabinet has a flipper door that holds everything from scissors, label maker (which needs to be handy) misters, and even instant coffee crystals and epsom salt.  The top has embossing powders and alcohol inks in Tim Holtz Cropper Hopper tins as well as SU! punch boxes, alterables and more.  The plastic drawer has 6 x 6 designer paper pads.  Yes, those are jelly belly's in the red apothecary jar.

SDC11702

The wooden holder is a revolving remote control holder from Hobby Lobby.  It is perfect to hold my ATG gun, Stamp Positioner sheets, frequently used hand punches, scissors, hammer, bone folder, tweezers, little ruler, pliers and Stamp a Ma Jig handle.  I need to alter it, but never seem to get to it.

SDC11704 SDC11705

Here are the links for past make it work Wednesday editions.

#1 Ribbon & lots more (Clip it Up!)

#2 Cardstock/Scrap Storage

#3 DP & 12 x 12 Storage

#4 Punches & Wood Mounted Stamps

#5 Unmounted Stamp Storage

#6 Embellishment Storage

#7 Cuttlebug Embossing Folders

#8 Die Cut Storage

I hope you have enjoyed a little peek into my haven and are inspired to find a system that works for you.

Have a great Wednesday and remember, MAKE IT WORK!

3 comments:

  1. That's some craft closet! Your storage is terrific! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing us your storage system Shelly - I need to get to organizing my mess! LOL! Also, can you tell me where to find one of those Scotch ATG adhesive "guns"? ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!! Just Fabulous!! Have you ever been to California? Even if you have...I bet you haven't been to central CA!! I think you need to come out west...and while you're vacationing...you could help me organize my stamp room. Now doesn't that sound like the most fabulous idea? I could, in turn, caulk your bathroom with my liquid pearls too if you'd like....LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!