All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Marimekko Umbrella Inspired

The Inspiration Challenge Splitcoast today is umbrella's by Marimekko.  I chose the pink and black pattern shown here.    It reminded me of the Cuttlebug Leafy Branch folder, so I used a negative embossing technique.  The back or raised portion of the folder was inked with Versafine Onyx Black ink before embossing the white layer. The flower is a Shapeabilities Die by Spellbinders called Daisy Heads.  I die cut the flwers, embossed them and then sponged with black ink before removing from the die.  The same technique was used for the sentiment panel that was cut from Classic Rectangles sm. die.

umbrella IC142 Friendship Umbrella_SaK 002

The sentiment and background flourish are from Rubbernecker Stamp Co.  The sentiment is KK originals and the stylish flourish from the Jeanne Streiff collection.  The ribbon is May Arts.  I raised the main image panel and layered daisy on foam dimensional tape.

 IC142 Friendship Umbrella_SaK 001

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty and EXTREMELY fun!!!
    I love the flower on this!!--Great bgs too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color combo on this card! It is my favorite! It came out so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Shellious! That pink pops off both the white and the black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a vibrant color to really make the whole card pop! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing job on the colors! WOW this is delightful!

    *waving* HI! to ya sweetie...HUGS & BLESSINGS ~Tracy H.

    (aka: stampin-sunnychick)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!