All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

SC189 Asian Birthday

SC189 Asian Birthday_SaK 003

I love wide open spaces to showcase techniques and larger stamps, so today's sketch was perfect for these Innovative Stamp Creations images.  This is a Tim Holtz technique called Acrylic Resist I believe.  I started with vanilla cardstock and stamped the asian symbol background in white acrylic paint.  When dry, I spritzed with a mixture of distress reinkers/water/perfect pearls.  Here's the colors I used:  Faded Jeans/pearl pp's, Tea Dye/pearl, Shabby Shutters with a couple drops of Pine Needles/pearl.  I am too impatient for the saturated paper to dry, so ironing is a quick alternative.  The main image was stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and highlighted with copic markers.  The cool ribbon fasteners are by 7gypsies, aren't they neato?  The edges of the main image panel were scraped with an old toothbrush loaded with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink.  Hope you like it, have a great Wednesday!

SC189 Asian Birthday_SaK 001

 

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Shelly. The pp really adds a beautiful subtle sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Your background is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply Gorgeous! Yes, that sums it up nicely! Great job! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Shelly this is phenomenal! Gorgeous shimmer and beautiful muted colors. LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I love how it shimmers and your pictures are great at showing that shimmer. You did a beautiful job coloring and not over coloring. I have a tendency to over color. Not leaving enough light or white spots. Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ... what an amazing effect ... gorgeous image and love the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is just beautiful. I saw it on SCS Sketch Challenge and had to come over to comment on it. Your B/G is such a dramatic shimmer effect. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome work on that one, love the effects :)
    Nancy (NaNel)

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL card! Love the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i am *geeking* over this one, Shelly! I heart everything asian. What a gorgeous creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shel! If ever I get up your way, I would love to sit down w/ you and have you teach me some of your techniques. This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness Shelly, this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!