All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Such Beauty

SDC11636

I made this for the challenge over at Stampin' 'D Amour

The challenge was to make a card or ATC with either of the following themes:
1. China

OR
2. Your favorite Olympic sport
You may use any stamps, images, techniques, etc.

I chose to make a tag instead of a card or ATC. The ginko's were stamped with sand acrylic paint across the top and bottom of the tag and left to dry. I saturated the tag with a mixture of Distress Reinker/Water/Perfect Pearls gold. I used two mini misters, one with Mustard Seed and one with Fired Brick. I love the intense color and the variations you get with the two shades. It's hard to tell in a photo. The images are all by Innovative Stamp Creations The words and ginko leaves are from Women of the Orient ATC's sheet and the umbrella girls are from the Lovely Geisha's sheet. I stamped them in Versafine onyx black and added a chinese coin, ribbon and a tassle to finish it off.

Geisha Beauty

12 comments:

  1. WOW!!
    I love that background!!!
    I really need to try that!!!
    The coin at the top is brilliant--and the sparkle is beautiful!!

    WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done, Shelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly, this is really beautiful! I really have to get stamping with my ISC stamps. Thanks for sharing these lovely ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your technique and the colors you chose for your tag. Thanks for playing in the challenge, Shelly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really stunning Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag Shelly, I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tag, Shelly!! Love your bg technique and the "ladies" are fabulous!! Great job on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty Shelly! I love how you finished it with the coin, tassel, and great ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shelly, you are such an artist when it comes to all these wonderful mediums! Don't say you're not, either-You most certainly ARE! ;) I love this gorgeous geisha image and how you achieved the entire look is simply masterful! this gold ying yang charm and tag ribbon finish it beautifully! wow, what an absolute stunner!! :) tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous... GORGEOUS!!! Love the aged look you achieved with this technique. WOW!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!