All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Snippets of Time

bag1 Today's inspiration pieces where some handmade purses. I was inspired by the colors and squares and went from there. My tag uses a technique that Tim Holtz blogged for his August technique. His Alcohol Resist tutorial is awesome. It was a bit messy and quite tedious and I need to perfect it, but I am happy over all. Images and product are all available from Rubbernecker Stamp Co. Rubbernecker is having a 5 day sale on the new Adirondack pigment pads and reinkers. Be sure to stop by and check out the deals!


IC139snippets of time_SAK The dp is Scrapperdashery and was sponged with Distress inks Tea Dye & Shabby Shutters. The clock background was stamped in Tea Dye. DP is attached to a large shipping tag. Tim did an amazing job on the tutorial as usual, so I am just give you the condensed version of the resist. Create your alcohol inked fragments and let dry. Using Archival Black ink, stamp your image on the alcohol ink side of the fragment and quickly wipe it off. It removes the alcohol ink. Then, glue the fragments to white CS (he used glossy but I missed that detail until it was too late) I need to work more with this technique and experiment with images and ink color combinations that work best. Also, the tiny fragments are really hard to work with. Start with a big fragment for starters. Fibers are Basic Gray and gears & sprockets are Tim Holtz.


9 comments:

  1. OMGosh, this is NICE Shelly! I love the colors! I'll have to check out that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness ... I just read his technique and then clicked over to your blog and there it is ... what wonderful colors ... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really really cool!!
    I love what you have done with these papers and stamps!!
    I love the colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on this technique. I just read Tim's blog and thought I might give this technique a try myself. I don't have archival ink, but I am sure I can come up with something that will work equally as well. And, I am not a tag person. As much as I like collage and Tim's work, I kinda don't get the tag thing. Some days I think there's something wrong with me. A Tim Holtz fan that doesn't get tags? Any way, I love your tag -- really like the "Time" stamp. I just wish I could figure out what you do with tags once they are finished? Ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tag!! Great job on the resist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Shelly! This technique is so cool! I LOVE the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful, Shelly! I LOVE how your fragments turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm speechless Shel! Gorgeous, gorgeous work! I've nominated you for an award on my blog, Gold Card Award, Congratulations and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow-so cool! I love your tag!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!