All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Festive Shimmer Resist

This is for FS78 over at Splitcoast today, Shellapoo!  Not only is Michelle a talented and kind hearted stamper, she leaves comments and visits blogs regularly too.  Read her story over in the FS thread and you will be touched by her too. 

I chose to case her Trust card. 

Changes include: Stamps, Colors, tag instead of rectangle layer, fibers, different resist and an additional layer to the base. 

FS78 Festive Shimmer Resist_SaK

I started out by stamping the leaves on Vanilla CS with Gesso and letting them dry.  Then, using a Tim Holtz technique, spritzed with a mixture of distress ink/perfect pearls and water.  It resists the gesso.  Well, I usually do this with acrylic paint daubers and the paint doesn't stay such a stark white as the gesso did.  I set it aside and went on with other things.  Just before bed, I took another look at it and decided to brayer over it with a Kaleidacolor autumn leaves pad.  Yeah, it worked!  I chose not to brayer the tag, just sponged the edges with Fired brick Distress ink.  The edges of the main layer were scraped with a toothbrush and Versafine Vintage Sepia.  Fibers are Basic Grey.  All supplies available from Rubbernecker Stamp Co. 

Here's the supply list:

Walnut Distress ink/Bronze perfect pearls

Fired Brick Distress ink/copper perfect pearls

Spiced Marmalade Distress ink/gold perfect pearls

Gesso, shipping tag, Black Soot Distress Pad, Versfine Vintage Sepia, Basic Grey Fibers, Fired Brick Distress Pad, Kaleidacolor Autumn Leaves, Brayer, Mini Misters.  Stamps Rubbernecker Stamp Co. 

11 comments:

  1. I like the way it turned out, Shelly--especially with leaving the tag as is for contrast. It looks just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love the way it turned out...funny I was thinking of getting these distress ink colors and now you have convinced me they are definitely on my wish list.
    I love your work and can't wait to try this technique!
    Have a day full of smiles and joy!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, Shelly! I really need to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Shelly! I am so honored that you would participate in my special day as the FS! This card is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love how it turned out!!!! :0) You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, I must give it a try! Thinking fall leaves already, aren't we? TFS! Carla H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Shelly!! Love the resisting leaves!! Fall is my absolute favorite, and these colors are so warm and inviting. It makes me long for a Michigan Fall! California struggles with it's Autumn show. It tries, but it can't compare to the midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rich! Fabulous colors .. . love this peek at Fall, Shelly!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, another beauty! I love the colors on this and this technique is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful fall card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a beauty. I love the resist, and I applaud your bravery for trying the brayered ink over it as a final result. Oh how many times I have thought, ooh, maybe this will work and then was scared to death that I might ruin my card(s) in the last step.

    ReplyDelete
  11. whoa, love what you have done with the distress ink. i need to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!