All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sketch & Sneak Peeks

SC191Marvels Beauty_SaK

The images I am using today are from Innovative Stamp Creations new sheet Marvels of Nature II that will be released on 9/2.  I used the small flourished bird, flourish background and sentiment on my sketch card above.  The Baja Breeze layer was cuttlebugged with the Birds & Swirls folder and swiped with Blanco opaque white ink  The scallops are SU! border punch with Inkssentials opaque white gel pen.  The dp was a piece of artists paper out of a Somerset Studios magazine.  I over stamped it in Baja Breeze ink w/ the flourish stamp and sponged the edges with Distress Broken China.  The sentiment, also included in the set was stamped in Distress Brushed Corduroy ink.  The bird was inked w/ Brushed Corduroy and Broken China Distress Inks and I added a white gel pen eye.  The die cut/embossed rod is from Spellbinders Shapeabilities charms & rod set.  It was sponged with Blanco opaque white before removing it from the die.  The baja flourished strip was stamped in Brushed Corduroy and sponged with vintage photo.  Ribbon is Martha Stewart that was lightly heated to curl the ends.

MarvelsISCDT_SaK 001

My 2nd card uses the same set and the sentiment is from ISC Textures & Sentiments set.  I used Bordering Blue, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss and Black CS.  The scallops were made with circle punches in 3/4" & 1 1/4" diameters. The bird is on dimensional foam tape and has a coat of Glassy Accents on it.  Hope you like my sneak peeks, have a great day!

12 comments:

  1. That is really pretty. I love birds.
    TFS
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both beautiful--I REALLY like the color combos!!

    I love what you did with that sketch on the first one. The design on the second one is cool, too!

    The scallops on both cards are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them both, Shelly!! I especially like how the CB folder coordinates so well with the image on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rod your bird is perched upon..looks rusted and the ribbon is a great touch, makes the whole piece look 3-d. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, lovely! The swirled background goes so nicely with the Birds & Swirls folder, too! I am loving that Baja Breeze, too (darn it... don't make me spend more money!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelly they are both fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Shelly. Both of these card are so uniquely different and beautiful too. The first one has such a beautiful distressed look and I would never have thought to use the Cuttlebug folder with this look. Perfect. The second one is just so feminine and pretty. Love those Dew Drops and that ribbon is perfect here. Also thanks for the comment on my card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color combo...and I SO need that CB folder!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. **gasp**
    Shelly, these are scrumptious creations! So rich & wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are gorgeous! I love the colors and that adorable little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning cards..I really like the new stamps!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!