All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Colored Pencils & Copic's

CIMG6461

Today's Way's to use it challenge was to use colored pencils.  I already stamped and cut out the birds and embossed the background using the new Bird Call folder.  So, I dusted off the colored pencils and went to work.  I used an aqua painter to blend the colors.  The birds are from a soon to be released set from Innovative Stamp Creations called Marvels of Nature II.  I also dusted off my inkworx art gun to spritz close to cocoa ink on the naturals ivory layer.

WT181Marvels of pencils_SaK

Here's another sneak peek of a stamp to be released by Innovative Stamp Creations the week of 9/2 called Walk in the Woods.  This one was stamped in Versafine onyx black and colored with copic markers.  The ribbon is May Arts and the philosophy tag is Tim Holtz.

Walk in the woods ISC_SaK 001

Have a great day!

14 comments:

  1. You should dust off those pencils more often!! This looks fabuous!!
    I love the "walk in the woods" card, too. I love the way you made the sunlight sparkle through the leaves!! FANTASTIC eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. I love the dew drops you picked to go on the bird card.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Shelly!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your coloring is to die for! I love both of these and your pictures are awesome.....very nice Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both card are gorgeous - Shelly!!!
    I love how you've colored them both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so wonderfully done !!!!!i just love how you used those pencils.
    tfs:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shelly, I would have never thought to use the birds that way. Wow! And the card below it is just plain lovely too! I love both of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards, Shelly! I love what you did with the embossed background on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! This is such a beautiful scene. These new images are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are beautiful, but love the one with the birds!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so looking forward to the new release...all of your samples are stunning! Fantastic cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!