All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Sunday, August 24, 2008

FS81 Girl & Bird

FS81harlequinfloralbirdgirl_SaK 001

Today's Featured Stamper on Splitcoast is Patricia aka kokirose.  I love her style and it took me a while to decide what to case first.  I finally decided on her Dreams card seen HERE

I kept the same layout and color scheme.  Changes include:  Different Fiskars Border Punch, Stamped Frame instead of metal one, stamped tole flowers in place of silk flowers, acrylic resist background instead of designer paper, different stamps and added an embossed/die cut bar to the ribbon strip.  My prima's really match, I just couldn't get the photo to show that without losing other details.

FS81harlequinfloralbirdgirl_SaK 002

All stamps available from Innovative Stamp Creations  The background is called Floral Batik.  The tole flowers and frame are from a soon to be released set called Harlequin Flowers 2.  The girl & bird is vintage clip art from a Niagara Starch advertisement.  The batik background was stamped in brown acrylic paint on rose red cardstock.  I saturated the layer with a mini mister with Red Brick Distress ink/perfect pearls red/water.  The frame is stamped on Kraft with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink.  A 1/38" circle punch was used on the clip art and then I topped it with a clear page pebble.  The tole flowers are from the harlequin flowers 2 set and were stamped using Adirondack pigment in Cranberry and sponged with Distress Vintage Photo.  The smaller tole flowers were die cut with Spellbinders shapeabilities Daisy Heads set (smallest flower) and the bar is also from Spellbinders and is from the Charms & Rod set. 

12 comments:

  1. WOWSERS! Shelly...this is so gorgeous...I love the border that looks like lace, the colors, the flowers, EVERYTHIHNG! What a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWSERS is RIGHT!!!
    WOW!!
    Looks like something straight out of your dining room!!!
    I really like the way you used the clip art--BRILLIANT!!
    and BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the close up Shelly, very rich and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful. I love that frame stamp--so elegant! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly a masterpiece...hope your in colors arrive soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card, Shelly! Love the shimmery background and that clip art is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Shelly! I must try to get to this FS challenge... Patricia is always leaving me the nicest comments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, absolutely gorgeous, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful. Love the flowers, bar and image. All together great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely Stunning, Shelly!
    Another of your true works of art...

    not2old2stamp

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shelly this one if FANTASTIC... Love how you used the new flowers - it looks real!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beyond amazing work! WOW girlfriend you amaze me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!