All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Make it work Wednesday #7

My collection of Embossing Folders for Cuttlebug is growing, so today I am showing you my storage solution for them.

CB Folder Tin_SaK

The altered tin is 6 1/4" wide, x 5" tall 4". The book plate is by Basic Grey.

inside CB storage_SaK

I have made index sheets that are embossed with each folder and indexed using the round tab punch. The index sheets are 1/4 sheets of CS. I was making them pretty and attaching the tabs with brads at one point, but I am now just stapeling them to the tops to save time. The cooresponding folder is filed behind each index sheet. The tin holds 24 folders & index sheets and is quite snug now. I am working on tin #2 and will categorize them by style when done.

Index Card & labeling_SaK

I just got the latest embossing borders and wasn't sure how to store them at first. This is working for me right now. I just took a scrap of white CS slightly smaller than 1/4 sheet and slid the folders over the CS. They are held in place with binder clips. I label each folder when making labels for my index tabs for the folders so I can quickly reference the name when uploading details for a project and to file them quickly too.

Borders_SaK

small folders_SaK

My little folders are stored much the same way. I fashioned sleeves by cutting up business card page protectors and securing to CS with eyelets. The outside ends are open to slide the folders in.

You have seen how I store my folders, now it's your turn to find a system to make it work for you. Get organized!

For past Make it work Wednesday editions, follow these links:

#1 Ribbon & lots more (Clip it Up!)

#2 Cardstock/Scrap Storage

#3 DP & 12 x 12 Storage

#4 Punches & Wood Mounted Stamps

#5 Unmounted Stamp Storage

#6 Embellishment Storage

Have a great Wednesday and remember, MAKE IT WORK!

15 comments:

  1. Well aren't you clever?? I keep my folders in an altered lunch tin as well but never thought to make cute lil index tabs for them like that!! Must remember this for my next 'get organized' project... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shel! This is totally MAGNIF! I have been trying to figure something out for my CB folders, esp. the new thin ones. The "drawer" is clearly NOT working :(
    Where did you get your tin?
    I just want you to know that these "Make It Work" posts are very, very helpful to me. I am pretty much following ALL of your suggestions...and it is working out perfectly for me! Thank you SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just SCARRY brilliant!!!
    I have heard you talk about it before--but I totally underestimated the extent and your brilliance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas, thanks for sharing. I am depressed because I have lost my Swiss Dots folder before I even used it!! Boohoo! So now if I make this nice tin, I'll have a place to put them so I'll know EXACTLY where they are!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely CASEing this! Great job, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhhh thanks for sharing your link. Your ideas are fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh, THANK YOU for the great idea for the embossing borders! I've been at a total loss as to how to store those outside the package! *adding binder clips to the shopping list*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Shelly, can you please come to my house and do mine.....lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa Shelly! What a clever idea! Your good......! Gotta check out your other ideas. Thanks Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a couple of tins here -- one has House Mouse cards in from my SOTM swap, and the other has a Fluffles swap in them. Guess it is time I stop hording my swaps and put those tins to better use. LOL My folders are stuck in a plain old flip top white box. Great use of a tin, Shelly! TFS with us. ;) Kel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shelly, what a lovely job! I've seen another similar project, but I really liked the way you made the tabs for the dividers. Be sure that you've sparked LOTS of imitation!!! But isn't that the best compliment?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shelly this is a great idea... I specifically like how your embossed the divider and put the name of the CB folder on the actual folder....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sooo going to scraplift your cuttlebug folder idea!! How fantastic!! You Rock!!

    Marie
    http://scrappingworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shelly, these ideas are wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing them with all of us. You are such an artist and a true inspiration to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is Amazing!!! what a fab way to store them :)
    I have my embossing folders in an old floppy disc holder...fits perfectly, but it's full now and not sure you can buy them anymore :(
    Think i will have to CASE this idea...it's brilliant!!

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!