All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Make it work Wednesday #3 & a Sketch

SC184The Orient_sak

This is for today's sketch challenge over at Splitcoast which is being hosted by Cindy/mothermark today. Awesome sketch with so many possibilities! I chose asian images from Innovative Stamp Creations and Designer Paper by Deja views red burlap flower. It's pretty straight forward, so I'll get right to the storage.

Many asked how I store designer paper and scraps after sharing my cardstock storage last Wednesday. I use wire cubes that I reconfigurated using tie wraps to place 2 shelves in each cube. There are index tabs on the edge that detail what is in each section. I use regular pocket folders and put the scraps in the pockets holding smaller pieces to the larger ones with paper clips. The 12 x 12 sheets (or anything that won't fit in a pocket is just tucked inside. A pretty simple system, but it works for me and I know exactly what I have and can find it quickly. Scraps are stored and filed back in the cubes after using them seeing as I have the folder out while working on a project. I hope this inspires you to find a system that works for you. Have a great Wednesday and "Make it Work!"

CIMG6200

Don't ya just love the vintage candy striped carpet in my walk in closet?

CIMG6201

Nothing fancy here, just inexpensive and functional.

CIMG6202

3 comments:

  1. You have a walk in closet?! I could live with the carpet if I had a wic for my supplies...

    Very pretty card Shelly! Love the bold red and asian images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Sorry about your cherry tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the process of redoing my stamp room and looking for ways to store that 12x12. Thanks so much for your ideas!
    LeAnne
    Yeah, sorry about that tree-that must have been scary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!