All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

SC188 Birthday Butterfly

SC188 Birthday Butterfly_SaK 001

3 posts in one morning.  I just had to do this weeks Sketch Challenge over at Splitcoast though.  I finished my card and realized that I didn't use any embellishments or distressing.  That doesn't happen often.  I think the stamps speak for themselves, so they are the stars today.  All images are from

Innovative Stamp Creations The ornate background, crackle and butterfly are from the About Me! sheet, the sentiment square from Nature Silhouettes I & the swirl is from Rustic Artsy Swirls.  I used Eggplant, Pale Plum, White & Sahara Sand CS.  Inks include Sahara Sand classic dye ink, Eggplant Adirondack pigment and Stazon Royal Purple for the vellum butterfly.  I sponged the edges with the eggplant. 

8 comments:

  1. This is such a great sketch and I love the lavender. Great images you used-so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome sketch card. I love the images. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this color combination. Those stamps are perfect to use with the sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card--i love the monochromatic color scheme...very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bee-yoo-tiful! There's a new butterfly stamp set at Kitchen Sink, ya' know! Maybe I should get home tonight and use it to 'enable' you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the posting QUEEN today!!
    This is so beautiful! I love the way you use lavender (I am almost as skeered of lavender as I am of orange)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely lovely! Thanks for your inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful!
    You rocked this sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!