All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Serendipity

I am very excited to announce the addition of Rubbernecker's newest fabulous Guest Designers


WELCOME
to both of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my card for Jeanne's blogger challenge today RBC12. It's also Treasure Hunt Tuesday at Rubbernecker Stamp co. Jeanne & Linda are offering Rubbernecker Blog Candy today.

Now for my challenge card. (be sure to scroll all the way down for a preview card using images that were designed by one of our own DT members that will be announced/available June 4!

I recently worked the Rubbernecker booth at a stamp show. While digging through the Demo Tubs, I came across a stamp that I couldn't make out the image beause of the style. So I stamped it on my scrap paper and actually gasped in surprise. I had never seen this image on the Rubbernecker site and I still can't find it there. I think that Dave dusted off the plate and pressed it for me. The stamp I discovered was actually an ATC size and that one would be fun too. For now, I was thrilled to have this surprise show up in my mail box. I will email him so that it will be added to the site now that I have posted it. So, my card title today is for the accidental discovery or unexpected pleasure I had when I inked up the stamp and put it to paper..............
The long horizontal strip was stamped in Versamark using 144-04 Baroque Striplet and embossed in clear ep on Plum CS. Then, I painted a layer of sandstone acrylic paint over the top, waited 1 minute and wiped off the excess with a paper towel spritzed with window cleaner to reveal the embossed image. The mother & child were stamped using Versafine smokey gray ink on sand CS. The stamp wasn't long enough for my panel, so I just turned the layer upside down and re-stamped the bottom portion from the image upside down as well. The pale plum layer was stamped in Tim Holtz Milled Lavender ink using Baroque Background 12-30 SO. The petite words 2000 SO were stamped in TH Dusty Concord. The finished card measures 5" square.

Check out the other DT Blogger challenge cards today as well:

Here are a couple previews using images that were illustrated by one of the Rubbernecker Design Team. The images will be available from Rubbernecker Stamp co. tomorrow. More details then!














12 comments:

  1. WOW!!!
    Every card is a wow!
    I think how you did the Barouque strip is brilliant!!

    I LOVE that rose card!! So warm and romantic! LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Shelly! Love the softness of them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly these are all Gorgeous, beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all, Shelly! The sleeping girls is so "you" and beautiful!!! I love how you used the new flower/swirl images. Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of your cards Shelly! Isn't it fun to work the booth?! You have some amazing cards on the Rubbernecker display boards! Love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wowzers, Shelly.. you've been a busy girl! These are all gorgeous! Well done, me friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooo, I need these stamps! Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful, so are the other sneak peeks!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're all stunning Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a find! There's some gorgeous art in that stamp. A perfect sentiment for it, too. You made a beautiful card with it! And the other two--oh, I can't wait to shop tomorrow! These new flower images are so pretty and you showed them off wonderfully with your gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your cards are gorgeous! I can't wait to see the new designs!! Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, Shelly!! These are all so beautiful. I love the layout on the top (girls) card. And the bottom two are so rich and yummy. WOW!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!