All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Accomplish Great Things

I have a step by step tutorial for you today using images from several different

Innovative Stamp Creations sheets.

The face image is by Artist Cindy Roland from a newly released sheet called Thoughtfulness. Ready?

Stamp face using Versafine Smokey Gray ink on Whisper White CS.

ISC Great Things_SaK 001

Color flowers from Textures Sentiments & Flowers using Watercolor crayons (Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie & Real Red) Mist and stamp.

I added an additional flower to the right edge later to fill in.

ISC Great Things_SaK 002

Sponge face using Tim Holtz Distress inks (Tattered Rose & Worn Lipstick)

ISC Great Things_SaK 003

Stamp background words from ATC Elements II on lightweight vellum using VF smokey gray and a stamp positioner. I stamped off on scrap paper once before stamping on the vellum for a lighter shade.

ISC Great Things_SaK 004

Add a torn strip (1 1/2" x 4") of Real Red CS to the left edge of the vellum and stamp background words after stamping off on scrap paper with smokey gray ink. Then, the sentiment from Art Phrases using Stazon Jet Black

ISC Great Things_SaK 005

Add photo corners, mat on red and then a black card base. I toned down the lg. black brad with Adirondack alcohol ink/gold mixative, layered the flowers and mounted them on the card with foam dimensional tape.

ISC Great Things_SaK 006

8 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!
    I love the way you stamped the flowers!!

    Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Shelly this is gorgeous. I don't have this most recent set yet, but I love this face. Since I just placed my first order (huge) with ISC, I couldn't justify another purchase this soon, but I will be getting this set. I just love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly, You have made me a proud mama! I love to see what other people do with my drawings and when Betsy showed me your blog I got goose bumps. What a beautiful card, thank you for showing this face off so beautifully.
    Sincerely, Cindy Roland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelly,
    I really loved seeing how you go about doing one of your fabulous cards. It was really interesting.

    Marie
    http://scrappingworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful- and you make it look like a card I could possibly create- thanks for the tutorial!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Stunning artwork Shelly! Thanks for the tutorial. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO beautiful, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card - Shelly!!! I love how it looks!!! I have lots to learn - LOL - and I'm glad you are sharing your tutorial with us!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!