All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Faux Layer Silhouette

I was inspired by a painting at the Dentist office yesterday and today's sketch on SC was very similar.  So, I stamped the Swirl Flourish in craft vanilla ink on a caramel layer and spritzed it with a mixture of walnut ink crystals and water.  After it dried, I used a reverse mask using the largest classic rectangle nestability.  Adhered it to my caramel layer with removable adhesive and painted the opening with sand acrylic paint.  When dry, I flipped the nestability over and embossed around the edge.  The foliage (just leaves) was inked using Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink, stamped off and rock n rolled in the same ink for the shading.  The sentiment was stamped on a strip of torn vellum that I sponged the edges of as well.  Oh, used my reverse mask somewhat offset to sponge around the rectangle too.  The brad is by K&co. and the chocolate ribbon is May Arts.  All images are available from Rubbernecker Stamp co.  The Just Leaves and Swirl Flourish are from the Jeanne Streiff collection.  Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek, have a great Wednesday!

>

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Shelly! At least you got something positive out of a trip to the dentist! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!!
    I love the warm tones and the faux layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know you're a true artist when you find inspiration at the dentist's office ... fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The torn vellum adds softness to the lovely card. I love that element! Elizabeth Bead Diva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super gorgeous card - love the elegant look!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!