All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Friend in all Seasons

RNDTFlower Silhouette_Framed Friend_SaK 001

I can’t help myself.  Here’s one more card using the newly released Flower Silhouettes set from Rubbernecker Stamp co.  For this card, I started with Prism papers and a decorative foam frame that was picked up at the $ store a couple years ago.  The frame was white, so I first added Adirondack Paint Dabber/Pearl.  When dry, I sponged Stazon Timber Brown, Royal Purple & Olive Green.  The frame was layered on a Spellbinders die from Labels 1 (3rd from the largest)  The die was the perfect size and shape for the floral frame!  The center of the frame has cardstock in Wizard Light and then a 1 1/4” square of Herbal Garden Light.  I stamped the sentiment using Stazon Timber Brown and then the flower from the row of flower pots in the stamp set was inked with Distress Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord & Shabby Shutters.  I did stamp off on scrap paper once before stamping on the layer so the sentiment stood out and not the flower.  A Tim Holtz Fragment was layered over the top of the sentiment square and is attached using Glossy Accents.  Flat pearls and the Friend Charm on ball chain finish off the layer.  The background was created using one of my all time favorite stamps – Baroque Background.  I dabbed the entire stamp using Adirondack Paint Dabber/Pearl, then dabbed around the circumference with Lettuce and then Espresso before stamping on the layer.  When dry, I punched 2- 1/8” holes and added a stick pin with May Arts ribbons and then sewed the layer to the card base.  Supply list is below.

RNDTFlower Silhouette_Framed Friend_SaK

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stamps:  Flower Silhouettes, Baroque Background

Paper:  Prism Wizard Light, Herbal Garden Light & Medium

Ink:  Stazon Timber Brown, Royal Purple, Olive Green.  Distress Tea Dye, Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord, Shabby Shutters.

Accessories, etc.:  Adirondack Paint Dabbers, Pearl, Lettuce, Espresso.  Spellbinders Die Labels 1, Decorative Frame, Ball Chain, Friend Charm, Stick Pin, May Arts Ribbons, Tim Holtz Fragment, Flat Pearls.

6 comments:

  1. Oh My Shelly!! This is absolutly stunning!! I love that frame...wow! All your details are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is truly stunning, Shelly! I love the elegance and all the shimmer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GASP!!!!!!!! This is absolutely gorgeous, Shelly...oh, my, I am speechless!!!!! Every element is over the top...AWESOME work, gf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoaaaaaaa, babe! This one is outta sight! Love the pearl dabber effect right on up through every touch of ink to the full presentation!

    Oh to see through your artistic eyes!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!