All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Make it work Wednesday #17 Tuesday Edition

Make it work Wednesday is back this week, but it’s a day early because of exciting Rubbernecker posts on Wednesday and Thursday!

CIMG7299This week I decided to reorganize my Rubbernecker Unmounted stamps to make them more accessible.  Most of them were stored on photo refill pages in 3 ring binders.  (See MIWW #3 below) The system works great until you have to pull out 6- 3” binders to select an image for a project.  Not to mention the amount of space the binders take up.  I purchased 1 Scrapbook Solutions Photo Organizer box to experiment.  The Organizer retails for $9.99, but I used a Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon and got my employee discount to boot.  The box comes unassembled with the exception of the lid.  The box becomes quite stable after the assembled bins are placed in the box.  The system comes with labels for the tabs, but I just used my label maker to print my own. 

 

 

CIMG7301 Each bin will accomodate 7 background stamps with EZ Mount cushion on them.  My intention was to just store my backgrounds this way, then I took it a step further.  The photo refill pages cut down nicely to 4” x 6” without the clear film falling off the white base.  You can cut 3 out of each page and store stamps on both sides.  So, I organized my images by sets (like Kittie Kits) and by themes.

CIMG7312 I have 3 organizers filled now and LOVE this system.  The assembled box measures 4 1/2” High, 12” Wide & 13” Deep.  ( The cover is under the bottom in the photo, but pops on and off easily for dust free storage)

I have so many unreleased stamps, so I just took Post it Note flags and wrote the release date on them.  Now, I can quickly find the next release while still keeping them categorized. 

For previous make it work Wednesday's click on the links below.

#1 Ribbon & lots more (Clip it Up!)

#2 Cardstock/Scrap Storage

#3 DP & 12 x 12 Storage

#4 Punches & Wood Mounted Stamps

#5 Unmounted Stamp Storage

#6 Embellishment Storage

#7 Cuttlebug Embossing Folders

#8 Die Cut Storage

#9 Spellbinder Magnet Storage

#10 Ink/ Pads & Reinkers

#11 Sponges

#12 Punch Template Book

#13 Corner Desk Dish Rack

#14 Mini Mister Rack

#15 Alcohol Inks & Embossing Powders

#16 Embellishments Revisited

I hope these ideas inspire you to get organized. Remember, Make it Work!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, cool, Shelly! I was looking at something like this at HL and wondered if it would work. I'm so glad you took the plunge and also glad to know that you really like it. Guess that's where I'll be going after work today! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!