All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Timeless Friend

I received a huge box of stamps and goodies from my friend Holly aka/Toy on Splitcoast yesterday. The box was the first place I went when deciding on an embellishment for today's Sketch Challenge. The plums and browns were inspired by the tag and the rest just happened. The images, inks and word tag punch are all available from
I stamped the main images using Tim Holtz distress ink/vintage photo. The textile embossed layer was swiped with TH milled lavendar. All my edges were achieved by using a toothbrush and Versafine vintage sepia ink. It dries quickly, but is a pigment base making it easier to get the edge effects I like. The brads are distressed as well. Here's an easy tip for beating them up:
Using a 1/16" punch attach brads to a scrap of cardstock or cereal cardboard, etc. Pound away with your hammer to distress and beat them up. I just leave a row of them attached to my cardstock scrap for use whenever I need them. The clock brad is by K&Co. and the plum/chocolate ribbon is Martha Stewart, the dotted ribbon is Walmart.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm a SCS member. I saw your card this morning and had to come see your blog to hear more. I really love the whole vintage collage feel of this card! It's terrific. What a terrific friend to have and recieve cool stuff from too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelly, this is a beautiful collage! I love the lavender and brown combo and the clock brad is adorable! All of the elements on this are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Lovely colors, creativity & details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used the layout!!
    Beautiful card!! I especially like the colors and the way all the elements work together to be so pretty!! You have a knack of making stuff come together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!