All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Monday, September 29, 2008

TLC188 Celebrate Batik

TLC188Celebrate Batik_SaK

I made my batik challenge card a little differently today.  Rather than embossing the image in clear and applying inks and ironing, I stamped the Batik Flower background in Blanco opaque white ink which doubles as a resist ink.  Distress inks were swiped on a craft sheet and misted with water and the cardstock was layed in the various puddles of distress/water and ironing before adding color from another area of the sheet.  I used Distress Tattered Rose, Tea Dye & Dusty Concord.  The edges were sponged in Tea Dye ink.  The sentiment and motif layers were stamped on the same batik paper.  My card is also for FS86 which featured Terrore3 yesterday.  The card I cased can be seen Here  The challenge requires us to case a card changing at least 2 elements.  I changed it from a monochromatice card, used different stamps and velvet ribbon replaced the stamped strip.  I also eliminated a small rectangle layer with the velvet knot and silver heart charm.  The stamps used are all from Innovative Stamp Creations Batik Flowers background, Motif/Artsy Victorian & Sentiment from Flair of Summer.  The CS is retired Vintage Violet and US White. 

9 comments:

  1. WOW!!
    I love the color combination--and the way you used the technique!!
    (I knew you would ROCK this one)
    Great case of Terry's card, too!!

    Very very beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, Shelly! Love that charm, and your image looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly I love what you've done with this technique. This card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant Shelly! The heart charm is so cool and I love that ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly, this is absolutely stunning! I lvoe that heart charm!

    P.S. I tagged you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shelly, your stuff is just SO interesting to look at............you got it goin' on woman!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Wonderful card..love the colors and the charm is fantastic. Beautiful
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I love the added charm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card isn't just lovely, it is stunning. Thank you for sharing all of the techniques. Where did you get that wonderful silver heart?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!