I made my batik challenge card a little differently today. Rather than embossing the image in clear and applying inks and ironing, I stamped the Batik Flower background in Blanco opaque white ink which doubles as a resist ink. Distress inks were swiped on a craft sheet and misted with water and the cardstock was layed in the various puddles of distress/water and ironing before adding color from another area of the sheet. I used Distress Tattered Rose, Tea Dye & Dusty Concord. The edges were sponged in Tea Dye ink. The sentiment and motif layers were stamped on the same batik paper. My card is also for FS86 which featured Terrore3 yesterday. The card I cased can be seen Here The challenge requires us to case a card changing at least 2 elements. I changed it from a monochromatice card, used different stamps and velvet ribbon replaced the stamped strip. I also eliminated a small rectangle layer with the velvet knot and silver heart charm. The stamps used are all from Innovative Stamp Creations Batik Flowers background, Motif/Artsy Victorian & Sentiment from Flair of Summer. The CS is retired Vintage Violet and US White.
2 months ago