I am back from Chicago and totally beat. Working with Bad Sherry and Meg/Waxyo was a pleasure. Mr. Rubbernecker/Dave is always a delight to be with and Mrs. Rubbernecker/Pat is as well. I got back to Michigan with the Rubbernecker's at about 1 AM this morning. Is it naptime yet? I wanted to create a tutorial of the demo I did at the Rubberstamp Expo before going up for a nap, so here it is. I would call the technique Distress Acrylic Resist. The first sample was created using 2 colors of distress inks, 1 color in an Adirondack Paint Dabber and Stazon Black. Ready?
Here are the supplies you will need:
Using the applicator handle and an Ink Blending Foam pad, work Dried Marigold ink into a shipping tag.
Stamp a bold image in a darker color ink over the inked tag in Aged Mahogany.
Ink a bolder background image that has some open areas with versamark and emboss with clear EP.
Sorry about the blurry photo. Cover the entire tag with a thick coating of Adirondack Espresso acrylic paint.
Wipe off acrylic paint with a soft towel or cloth.
Using the same blending foam inked with dried marigold to "buff" the tag. I have done the top 2/3
of the tag to show you the difference this step makes. The flowers really "pop" with this step.
Stamp some words or other images in black using a solvent based ink on the tag.
Using a new Blending Foam Pad, ink the edges of the tag w/ Stazon Jet Black to frame the tag in.
All images and supplies available from Rubbernecker Stamp Co.
Stamps include: KK Originals Floral Set, Stamp Oasis Nouveau Background & Hear Music Text
Inks: Distress Dried Marigold & Aged Mahogany. Versafine, Stazon Jet Black
Accessories: Clear EP, Blending Foam, Applicator Tool, Heat Gun, Craft Mat, Tim Holtz Accessories,
Assorted Ribbons and Fibers
The Blue tag uses the same technique and supplies, but I only used one color of distress ink/Faded Jeans for the sponging on the tag,
Stazon black for the flowers and Adirondack Mushroom paint dabber over the clear embossing. OK, it's naptime!