All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Monday, January 28, 2008

Postage Heart Hymn

Check back for Blog Candy and Treasure Hunt Tuesday clue late Monday night or early Tuesday morning!

I stamped the postage heart 1679SO on a piece of white cardstock. Then, I stamped it on Really Rust, Blush Blossom, Perfect Plum, So Saffron, Bordering Blue, Close to Cocoa, Pale Plum and Mellow Moss, I tore each stamp out and affixed them over the top of the heart stamped on white. (see both photos below) After that, I tore around the edge of the layers and this left touches of the vanilla cardstock edge showing. I swiped Tim Holtz Distress in (Old Paper) across my collage and sponged the edges with TH Walnut Stain. The key is grungeboard (harlequin elements) also available from Rubbernecker Stamp Co. I smooshed the key into a versamark pad, and embossed with ultra thick gold embossing powder. While it was still hot, I inked up a sentiment stamp with stazon black and smooshed it onto the key. The rubber will stick until the powder cools, but is easily removed in a matter of a minute or so. The music layer is a page out of a 1932 Pilgrim Hymnal I picked up for 50 cents at a resale shop. I swiped it with TH old paper ink as well. The pale plum base was stamped with a Music BG also available from Rubbernecker in the Stamp Oasis section 543SO. The card edges were swiped with an old toothbrush and Versafine Vintage Sepia ink. The love is from Petite Word Set 2000SO. Oh! the cool filligree corner thing was sent to me by mitchygitchygoomy on Splitcoaststampers. This seemed like the perfect project for something I have been hoarding.
Here is the image stamped in black and the pieced colors over the top.

Close up of key detail, click for larger view.

2 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!
    This technique is perfect with this stamp (and QUITE the AMAZING stamp it is).

    I love the treatment of the heart!! Beautiful finished project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you showed the how-to of this! Before and after, as it were. Awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!