All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Monday, January 28, 2008

Parisian Dreamer

This started out as tag art and ended up being a card. The womans face and eiffel tower were stamped with stazon black on polished stone backgrounds. The face background uses Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel and Encore Gold ink. The Eiffel background is Not Quite Navy, Creamy Caramel and Encore Gold. The postmark was done using the faux metal technique. The resources section on Splitcoast Stampers has excellent tutorials on these techniques. I have provided 2 photos of the collage background so you have a better idea of how it was created. I started with a
4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of Georgia Pacific white cardstock as my base for the collage. Postage Heart stamp by Stamp Oasis was inked with VersaFine Vintage Sepia and rolled in Onyx Black before stamping on a sheet of parchment paper. Images were torn into smaller pieces and affixed to the GP base overlapping them. I made sure that all edges that would show were torn. The base was run through my Xyron with an adhesive cartridge making it easy to just stick all the images down. I did use my ATG gun under some of the overlapping edges. Make sure that all images hang off the edges of the GP base. Flip the collage over and trim one edge with a scissors so you have a straight edge. Then, trim the other sides down using a paper cutter so the edges are straight and the finished size is 4 x 5 1/4". Next, sponge edges with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain distress ink and swipe Scattered straw across some areas. I used a sponge to add TH Faded Jeans. The definition was punched w/ SU! word window punch from a crossword dictionary and layered on a Mcgill word tags punch and a cotton swab was used to highlight some words using Scattered Straw ink. Add brads and assemble the card mounting it on a Not Quite Navy A2 card base. All stamps are by Rubbernecker Stamp Co. Be sure to check back here tonight or early tomorrow morning for details on Treasure Hunt Tuesdays, Rubbernecker Bucks and Blog Candy!

1 comment:

  1. It's all over for me now. My life, I mean. I've bookmarked your blog and will spend all day and night here trying to learn how you make your fabulous cards! Thanks so much for the detailed instructions.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!