All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Friday, January 25, 2008

Leftover Art


Todays Limited Supply challenge on Splitcoaststampers was to use leftovers for our cards. I had stamped a bunch of collage images (all available from Rubbernecker Stamp co.) yesterday, so the challenge was perfect for me. I also used a remnant of black fiber and a recycled gold cord from a Christmas gift tag. The images were inked in sepia ink and the rock n rolled in onyx black and punched with a 1 1/4" square punch. To get your tiles even, cut your base about the size of your folded card (basic black) Start in the top left corner and glue down the first square leaving an even amount of the edge on the top and left side. Now, work across the top with the remaining 3 squares, then work down on the left with the other 2. This will give you a guideline to fill in the rest of the squares. I then trimmed the right side and bottom on my Tonic paper cutter. I love this cutter for shaving off small amounts evenly without leaving a rough edge. The black tile layer was then matted on a leftover piece of brushed gold CS that was clear embossed with a floral background. It just shows a little around the edges and I loved using a leftover piece rather than cutting into a new sheet. The embossed tag is by K&Company and the typewriter keys are by Rebecca Sower. Be sure to click on the title above to check out the awesome stamps at Rubbernecker in the RN and Stamp Oasis sections. For a full listing and item numbers, see the description in my gallery at Splitcoast. (papermoon04)

1 comment:

  1. Your work is beautiful shelly. Thanks you for explaining how to achieve such results and even tiles. You rock, lady!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!