All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Framed Spring Spirit

It’s Treasure Hunt Tuesday at Rubbernecker today from 4:00AM PST - 9:00 PM PST. You’ll have to follow the clues to find the treasure. You can find the first clue on Broni’s blog. Treasure Hunt Blog Candy is being offered by Linda and Jeanne today. If this is your first visit on a Treasure Hunt Tuesday, you can find all the details on the Rubbernecker Home Page.

I have had this border stamp for a couple of weeks and ordered it with the intent of making it into a frame. The card has been photographed a bazillion times, but I just can't capture the dimension. it is like a pyramid where the inside edges are raised and the outside edges are lower, make sense? To stamp the frame, I cut the cardstock to 4" x 5 1/4" and then used post it notes to miter off the corners. I stamped the top and bottom and then shifted the post it's and stamped the sides. After that, I cut the center out using a 12" Fiskars cutter. I don't own any Nestabilities yet, but had a lightbulb moment where I thought I could do a faux technique. I used my Scor-It mini to score a line around the inside of the frame opening and the border. Then, I flipped my frame over and scored the mitered corners. After that, I highlighted some of the flourishes with a copic marker, sponged with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo and spritzed the frame with Perfect Pearls Gold/Water combination. The frame was layered on brown cardstock and then coral for the card base. I placed foam dimensional tape under the center corners of the frame and halfway out on the mitered corners. The outside edges are secured flat to the next layer with double stick adhesive. The image was colored with copic markers. Y11 & 17, YR61, E00 & 31, R02 & 22, RV14, G21, BG10. The border stamp and spirit of spring images are both by Rubbernecker Stamp Co.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Shelly! This is so elegant and gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE this....it so reminds me of King Arthur!!!! LOVE IT. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly, your card is gorgeous! Love the border!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just so beautiful!!
    I LOVE THAT FRAME!!

    WONDERFUL CARD~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW -- this is just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. My gosh girl, this is OUTSTANDING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! This is eye-poppin' gorgeous!! Woooohoooooooo!!
    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!