All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Blog Candy & Treasure Hunt

It’s Treasure Hunt Tuesday at Rubbernecker today from 4:00AM PST - 9:00 PM PST. You’ll have to follow the clues to find the treasure. Follow the first clue from the Rubbernecker Home Page to claim your free stamp. Would you like to have a chance to win Rubbernecker Blog Candy? Just leave me a comment on this post by 9:00 PST to be entered in the random drawing for $10 in Rubbernecker Bucks. Blog Candy is also being offered by Candy today. If this is your first visit on a Treasure Hunt Tuesday, you can find all the details on the Rubbernecker Home Page.

Now for my card. The finished size measures 4 1/4" square. The angel was stamped with Stazon Black on white cardstock, cut out and sponged with Pomegranate and Sky inks. The background was created by using a no porous craft mat and smearing Tim Holtz Distress inks in Faded Jeans & Aged Mahogany on the mat, misting the ink before placing white cardstock directly in it. I dried it with a heat gun and then stamped the flourishes in Pomegranate and the How do I love thee script in black that was stamped off twice on scrap paper. The mulberry paper strip was white that I DTP'd with pomegranate ink, misted with shimmer mist and dried with a heat tool as well. After assembling the background layer, mulberry strip and angel, the layers were misted again for added shimmer. The buttons are vintage and threaded with metallic fibers. I will post again later or tomorrow on how to make you own shimmer mist. The Dream sentiment was added after I took my supply photo. It is part of a long sentiment that says "believe in your dreams" I used a marker to select the part I wanted to use. It is an image from the Rubbernecker category and I will email Dave and make sure the image gets added to the website.



19 comments:

  1. Shelly this is really lovely! Thanks for explaining how you made the bg paper - it looks fun to try & the results are cool! Thanks for the chance to Rubbernecker blog candy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is stunning! I never really looked at the collage stamps too closely, because well I stink at collage, lol! But I love the idea of selecting single images from the collage to cut out and highlight. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card, I love anything with wings.. just wonderful. Thank you for the instructions..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly I love your work & love checking out you blog to see it! The angel card you made for today is no exception. Love the layout & the pink & blue color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Shelly! I love the texture of the fibers, buttons, and mulberry paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your creativity never stops. Love coming to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelly: I so love your style on this gorgeous card! Ah, who am I kidding? I love your style on all your cards.

    Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to win some Rubberbucks.

    Take care - Regina Davis

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to have to try this. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your artwork is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shelly,
    Fabulous card!
    You are so talented with your designs!

    LOL, Lori Hutchinson

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! I love the buttons and trim they are attached to! Beautiful card Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful stamp! I love the angel! I'm an angel fanatic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty angel! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card - love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! I can't wait to try the Distress Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty card:) I have a question, too. I have a very hard time getting my unmounted stamps of that size to ink properly. I'm always left with a blank middle section, particularly if it's all flat fill-in. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty card! So elegant - I love all the elements. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is wonderful. I really like the angel image. Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!