All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Wanted Invitation

This is a 4 1/4" square card that opens in the center. (Gate Fold) I used my new Scor-Pal for the folds, super easy! The designer paper flaps are 4 1/4" square as well. Fold or score them in 1/2 and then find and mark the 2 1/8" center along one of the edges with the fold in vertical orientation. Now take a paper cutter and cut from the mark up to the fold line creating a triangle on half of the paper. The uncut side is affixed to the inside of the card flaps and the triangles are not glued to the outside. The square on the belly band is 2" sq. and the chocolate chip edge was done with a marker and straight edge. The horse was first stamped in classic ink and then restamped using craft ink slightly offsetting it. I embossed it with clear powder. That layer is attached to the belly band with dimensionals. I used the invitation stamps from Hugs & Wishes on the inside and markered just the you're from the you're invited stamp. So now, it reads You're Wanted! I love making this style card and hope you like it too!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the gate fold for this!!
    The diamond that it makes is perfect for the western theme!!

    I also love the *You're WANED*! EXTREMELY clever!!
    COOL invite with cool details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute invitation!! Great colors and such a neat fold for this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!