All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Shelly Kuck.
My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.
Enjoy your Visit!

Slideshow

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Note of Thanks

The violin and music layers were created with Adirondack Alcohol inks on glossy cardstock. I used Latte, Caramel, Ginger and Copper Metallic Fixative. The images were stamped using Stazon Black. I used a scratch tool to highlight some of the violin. The music scroll background was stamped using Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink, DTP'd with Old Paper, torn and sponged with Walnut Stain. The Sentiment was computer generated using Microsoft Publisher. To use a scrap of desired paper for printing on, first print your sentiment on computer paper. Attach you scrap of paper using Dotto adhesive over the printed image and run through the printer again. I do this quite often so I don't end up printing on a full sheet of cardstock, DP or parchment in this case. The treble clef shaped clip has May Arts ribbon tied through it. I used a paper piercing tool to fray the ends and attached it with a glue dot. All images and inks are available from Rubbernecker Stamp Co. Images include: Music Background 543-SO, Violin 167-2 SO & Music Scroll 167-3 SO.

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!
    First of all--I never noticed these stamps from RN, before!! They are so pretty!!!

    Second--I love the what you did with the alcohol inks--That effect is REALLY cool--goes so nicely with the violin (or viola or whatever).

    Lastly--I love how the layout looks with these stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvelous ... what a fabulous card for a music teacher ... or music lover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word....this card took my breath away. I love it, love it, love it. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly, I adore this creation! It''s absolutely stunning, just had to tell ya that! Oh, I wish I could play that lovley instrument!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping & telling me what you think!